Open Site Navigation

Spend $100 and get 10% off

© 202BOGDANOV

curated wine experiences

Pintia Toro 2017

$0.00Price
About the Wine:
Pintia 2017 has a juicier, sweeter balance, achieving harmony and a silky texture.
It showcases fruits such as blackberries, cherries, and cassis. You may also find notes of chocolate, cedar, tobacco, licorice, vanilla, and spicy aromas such as black pepper. This will go with any sort of beef, lamb, game meat, and sheep’s milk cheese! It can be enjoyed now or preserved for up to 15 years!
About the Producer:
The Pinta winery belongs to the Tempos Vega Sicilia wine group, which is a name known worldwide and is specifically one of the best wineries in the Toro region. The Pintia winery was established in 2006.
Technical Info:
100% Tinta de Toro (aka Tempranillo). This wine is produced from vines that are on average 40 years old and they are harvested manually. The grape clusters go through another selection process at the winery, taking out the grapes that are not deemed fit. A cold maceration takes place in oak vats for 5 days. After, a malolactic fermentation takes place in wood. From there, 70% of the wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels, while the remaining 30% is aged in American oak barrels.
“We reduced the new American oak barrel percentage by 5 %, enhancing the effect of the lighter toasts. We also reduced malolactic fermentation in barrel by 10 %. The aim was to make the most elegant Pintia possible given the characteristics of this warm vintage.”